A: Don't let John take you for a ride!
B: Don't worry! He doesn't have a car.
(1) I don't know how to ride a motorbike.
(2) I rode a bus to the library this morning.
(3) I'm waiting for my ride to the airport.
(4) What's your favourite ride at Disney World?
在某些情况下，“Take someone for a ride” 的确是可以指载人兜风。
(5) Would you like me to take you for a ride in my new car?
(6) I just bought a new Lamborghini. Let me take you for a ride.
(7) Wow! Your car looks so cool. Can you take me for a ride?
从例句5-7中，很明显知道“Take someone for a ride” 是指载人兜风的意思啦。
“Take me for a ride” 还可以指误导、欺骗等意思。
A: Do you like your birthday gift?
B: What birthday gift? My birthday was six months ago.
A: What?! Jason asked me for $1000 last week. He said it was for your birthday gift.
B: Well, then he took you for a ride.
A: I can't believe that you sold your house for $100,000. It's worth at least twice as much.
B: I know. After I signed that deal, I felt like I had been taken for a ride.
A: Jane's second husband isn't as good looking as her first one.
B: Beauty is only skin deep. At least he's not going to take her for a ride, like her first husband did!